1. Why was divebardao.com created?
The local bar industry is one of the most impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. Even with restrictions being lifted, the industry now struggles with staffing issues.
2. What local bars qualify?
- What constitutes a local bar that needs help?
- Any local bar struggling due to the coronavirus pandemic, labor shortages, natural disasters, or other circumstances beyond its control can be nominated for assistance.
- Are local bars vetted?
- Yes, we will verify the local bar’s name and location (city/state) and confirm they are not a chain local bar with more than 5 locations.
3. Who decides which local bars are awarded the donation?
- Local bars with at least ten nominations will receive donations. 50% of the charitable donation from each NFT purchase goes to the nominated local bar. The other 50% will be placed in the Dive Bar Fund, and DAO members will vote to determine where these funds will go.
4. What is a DAO?
A DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) is a community-led entity with no central authority. It is fully autonomous and transparent: smart contracts lay the foundational rules, execute the agreed-upon decisions, and at any point, proposals, voting, and even the very code itself can be publicly audited.
5. How does DAO voting work?
When the DBF reaches $20,000, the community (NFT owners) will vote on which local bar will receive $20,000. local bars will also receive $1,000 out of the fund for every 100 nominations. Once voting begins, community members will have 7 calendar days to place their vote.
6. How do local bars get paid?
After the voting has ended, ViciNFT will award the winning local bar the funds based on the local bar agreement.
7. Can a local bar win more than once?
No. We want to ensure that each local bar has a fair shot at support However, a local bar can continue to receive nominations, entitling them to 50% of the charitable proceeds from the nomination/NFT purchase.
8. Where can I buy?
OpenSea and https://divebardao.com.
9. What wallets are supported?
MetaMask and Magic wallets are supported. If you don’t have a digital wallet, simple instructions on setting up a Magic Wallet are provided after your purchase.
10. Can it be traded/gifted?
Yes, you can gift upon checkout when entering wallet information.
11. Is there a purchasing cap?
We limit each order to 100 NFTs, but you can place as many orders as you want.
12. What do you get with your purchase?
- Along with supporting your favorite local bar, you will receive your Dive Bar NFT and voting rights within the DAO.
- List perks (copy from homepage – 4 benefits)
13. Can I change my local bar choice after purchasing?
Once you have submitted your local bar nomination, we are unable to change the nomination.
14. Can I nominate more than one local bar?
You can nominate one local bar with each order. To nominate a different local bar, you can place a separate order.
15. Will we know what the local bar does with the money?
Yes, we ask that local bar post what they do with the funds on Social media.
16. When/How are winners announced?
Winners will be announced on the webpage and published on the blockchain. When the DBF reaches $20,000, the community (NFT owners) will vote on which local bar will receive said amount. local bars will also receive $1,000 out of the fund for every 100 nominations. Once voting begins, community members will have 7 calendar days to place their vote.
17. Where can I see a list of the nominated local bars?
View nominated bars at www.divebardao/results.com
18. Do I have to vote for the local bar I nominated?
No. Once voting is open, you can vote for any nominated local bar.
Need assistance? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get back within 24 business hours.